Saturday 17 December 2016

Gaijin Gyaru: Best Ways to Buy Liz Lisa from Overseas (Pros and Cons)





Hello, Lovelies 


This year is coming to an end, so I decided to write a blog post in summary of my shopping experiences, haha. This year I will be honest and say I have been quite mental in terms of how much I have been buying Liz Lisa and other brands. So, I have quite a bit of experience now as I have to diligently search and trial a lot of shops since I live in Australia, a giant island in the middle of an ocean. Below I have tried to compile a list of all the way I would recommend buying Liz Lisa, coming from my own experiences. I tried to be succint as I have a tendency to babble, so that way it'll be easy to read the pros and cons that I found.








1. Tokyo Otaku Mode

I honestly love, love, love shopping from here. It's an English web store based in Japan that provides many clothes and goods that are authentic. It could be almost be like an English Tokyo Kawaii Life.

Pros: This store is one of the ways I could buy Liz Lisa with absolutely no hassle. It is easy to know how much I was paying and all the sizing details are probided. Tracking of the shipment is all provided as well as well as updates on the process and handling:



All the items I have received have been of perfect sizing for me, and I am a Westerner, so that can be pretty diffucult. Nothing has been too tights or short. There are also sales and pre-orders. 

Cons: The only con I can honestly think of is that they only stock the newer season of Liz Lisa and other clothing, but that's reasonble because even the stores in Japan do that. The only way of getting older styles of Liz Lisa are through resellers - which you will see later on in the post.

2. Storenvy Stores


The wonderful thing about buying from these kinds of stores is it's a lot more personal. You are communicating directly to the person selling, so there notes and packaging are more personalised and meaningful in a way.


  • Multipal Store
I have to admit that I might have an addiction shopping from this store alonside Tokyo Otaku Mode. The shop's owner is so lovely, and after some purchases always mentioned how she is happy to work with me, I couldn't believe she remembered me. 

Pros: There is an amazing variety - I have seen old and newer styles of Liz Lisa and other brands. Some of the dresses and jumper skirts I have ordered are simply gorgeous, I hope to make a video of a haul of them soon! They have truly unique items that I haven't seen before from all different brands. They even restock popular items after they have been sold out, which they announce on their Instagram. This is great as it keeps buyers updated. The website and the store's Instagram clearly show photos of the item in different views and close ups, and its so easy to navigate to find the items you want.

Cons: The sizing can be a little small, which too, is understandable as the items that are for sale are rare enough having one, let alone having the same item in a variety of sizes. 


  • Kawaii Gyaru Shop
I have not purchased as much from Kawaii Gyaru Shop as I have from Multipal Store, but nonetheless, they're a lot like Multipal Store, but ship from the US I believe.

Pros: If you are looking for Liz Lisa, I find Kawaii Gyru Shop  more Liz Lisa focused and have more coords and sets. They do stock other brands as well. They even sell bags and shoes more often than Multipal Store. I find some of their dresses quite pretty. The have a variety of different seasons of Liz Lisa as well. They also have an Instagram which they announce what has been restocked etc. Kawaii Gyaru Shop also has many discount codes provided by their IG models/promoters.

Cons: I haven't shopped as often with them, I'm not sure why, but I think they might have the same cons as Multipal, the sizing. One con I did find recently actually is the shipping is pretty pricey for overaseas customers, and it's all in USD, so when converted, it's more expensive than you think. It's why I rarely shop there unless there is an item I really want. I also find they don't restock their items as often, maybe popular dresses. Just as far as I see, since I dont shop from them often. I remember there was a blouse I fell in LOVE with but it sold out and I never saw it again. 


3. Other Reselling Forums and Groups



  • Forums (i.e Gyaru Community Sales)
When I first started buying Liz Lisa, these kind of places is where I started to look. I thought by buying secondhand and on a forum thread, I would be saving money. But, there was a lot of things I neve ended up wearing.

Pros: Again, you can find older seasons of clothing and because they are being resold, items are generally cheaper. With quality and variety, it can be a hit and miss, since generally what people are trying to sell could be damaged, or not that pretty of a style, but I have gotten some really gorgeous items from trustworthy sellers who provided a lot of pictures. I got a pair of Liz Lisa boots in a large size recently from Gyaru Community Sales, which I adore greatly! I think it's worth looking into, because you can find some real gems of clothing.

Cons: I bought several items without really thinking of it, and neve really wore them because they didn't look as nice as I thought. Doing this several times made me waste money, because no matter what, Liz Lisa items are not cheap, even when they are discounted. It might be easy to get sucked into the idea of trying to get lothing as cheap as possible, but remember, you could be paying for quality. It took me a while to realise that paying cheap isn't always good. Authenticity might also be a problem, I haven't had any problems with buying fake items, but it's always a possibility. 

  • Buy/Sell Groups (i.e on Facebook or other socal media)
This is an easy way of buying clothes because almost everyone has Facebook or social media. And quite often you can see the items being posted by the person or being used before, so you can see what it looks like. I will elaborate further now. Last year I bought a few items off the Youtuber KimDao after she was was selling a lot of Liz Lisa before moving to Japan. She posted worn photos of the items and because her she had several videos showing her love for Liz Lisa and how to buy it/hauls, I could see it was authentic and in good condition. She also was from Australia which was a big bonus for me. I also joined a Worldwide Liz Lisa Sales group on Facebook that has frequent posts. The moderators are quite strict with making sure you show photos of any damage and the tags of th items so that it proves authenticity. They also wants an indication of size. This prevents any scams.

Pros: You can find some cheap and unique Liz Lisa, and maybe meet other people who love the same brands as you in the process. Depending on how the groups are run, the possibility of scams or incorrrect information being passed on is pretty slim. You can also find sellers who sell in your currency or in your country. I bought from a girl who has been the loveliest seller as she messaged me every detail and confirmed eveything with me before shipment. So it's quite personal and you are more involved with your purchase, giving you the opportunity to ask for frther information or photos.

Cons: Shipping can be quite expensive unless they have deals as they are shipping from their own country. Shipping can also take some time as well depending on what one you got. 

4. eBay

eBay is a website with a variety of everything, and even Liz Lisa other brands. Since it's an official site, it can be pretty reliable.

Pros: All the informationn on the product and seller are displayed. You can also find some older seasons of Liz Lisa since people are reselling. Or you can buy things that are new. Quite often I have found sellers from my own country, which means it'll arrive quicker and I can buy in my own currency.

Cons: There isn't that much variety and if the items are new, they will still be dear of course, and I haven't seen any cheap Liz Lisa items that look pretty or interesting. Again, they may be resold as secondhand for a reason. 



Bonus: Tokyo Kawaii Life

This is would probably be pretty much the next-best thing after walking into the actual store itself. You're purchasing items from the online version, so it is all in Japanese. But there is a great variety of clothes and it's all up-to-date. I haven't shpped from here before, but I ad to include it as it is the official store. But it's too complicated for me to try at the moment.

Pros: There are all the new releases available, as well as pre-orders. There are also sales where old stock gets marked down quite a bit. Buying from the official online store would guarantee quality and authenticity.

Cons: Buying from overseas means you need to set up a shopping service that will buy the items for you and ship it to you from a Japanese address. This means more costs and it makes it a bit complicated, but there are many guides written on blogs to help through this process.




If you have any suggestions or good shooping experiences, no matter what they were, let me know in the comments!


Enjoy life!

Nina


Image result for follow me on instagram

0 comments: