Sunday 21 December 2014

KPOP Fashion: TaeTiSeo's 'Holler'!

Hiya, friends!

I am going to try something a bit different and review some of the wonderful outfits of Girls' Generation's TaeTiSeo! Now, for non-kpop fans, you might not have heard of them and this might sound interesting, but give them a go anyway! They take their music and style seriously.

Their most recent album release, Holler, was something I was greatly anticipating! The music video was so beautiful and the album, well, there is a reason it crept up the iTunes chart, it is great.

Along with the attention their music got, their style was gaining attention as well, and it was one of the focuses of their 8 episode TV show 'The TaeTiSeo'. I was even more impressed to find one of my favourite members, Tiffany, played a huge role in the visual directing of their whole comeback and really paid attention to style according to current trends. She really works hard.



Now, let's look at their outfits!

1. Dolce & Gabbana

These vibrant green-leaf outfits can be seen in the opening of the music video, and I think that it really suited them, and coordinated well to each member's style. I am not really sure if these outfits were worn anywhere else, but they wouldn't work well as stage outfits if they sung Holler as they would be a bit tight, haha~ I wish I saw more of this look too, if the dresses were more flowy, it would've been great to see them on stage.



The Bustier Crop Top ($349) is worn by Seohyun paired with a skirt.




The Halter Dress ($1680) is worn by Tiffany.






The blouse ($587) is worn by Taeyeon paired with white shorts.



2. Zebra Outfits


These are the next outfits seen and were used in the video, showcase and live stage. Mmmm, I have mixed feelings about these outfits. Whereas in other outfits, the both had three individual styles with the same pattern but with these, Seohyun (in yellow) and Tiffany (in pink) both have similar dresses while Taeyeon (in blue) is the odd one out. Although, there is nothing wrong with short clothing, if styled well, it looks great, but the dresses seem really short and tight for something that you'd be jumping around and hollering in. This is my personal opinion though.


It looked really chic and classy in a way in the music video though, but as a stage outfit, something seems a bit off. Maybe it's the how the zebra pattern is paired with the greatly contrasting coloured stripe pattern.





3. Black and Yellow Outfits



I quite like these outfits as well, I'm just wondering why Tiffany is so keen on putting herself in mini dresses, it looks difficult to move in. I like how although the outfit styles were different, they matched with colours and shoes, although Seohyun's outfit was an off white compared to the other two. But, all in all, I think this colour coordination, with the black and gold, really made them look high-class and suited the overall concept of Holler.




5. Long Gowns (Gucci and Arche)



These gowns are GORGEOUS. They look even better putting Seohyun in the middle in the photo with her bronze-gold one. TaeTiSeo had long gowns in their last music video 'Twinkle':


 

I see a I see a recurring outfit theme here, but these look much more mature and elegant on these girls. Like with the last gowns, they used these as stage outfits again. Which I thought looked really nice, and their hair was on point.





Gucci: Resort 2014 RTW Collection


Gucci: Spring 2014 RTW Collection


Gucci: Spring 2014 RTW Collection
Arche: Spring/Summer 2014 Collection


6. Denim Ensemble



These outfits are one of my favourite! Taeyeon looks cute, Tiffany looks elegant and Seohyun looks retro and chic! Overall it's fun and fresh and made me realize how much these singers actually pay for some of their clothes (。・_・。)





Taeyeon and Tiffany are wearing Lorenz wedges (was roughly $1,395 at the time of the release) and Seohyun is wearing the Slip-On Wedges ($833) both by Giuseppe Zanotti.




They also wear a variation of this outfit, wearing 3Sum by James Jeans (Suspender Shorts)


TTSSHORTS



7. Rainbow Outfits



I think this outfit was worn a few times, and I am a lover of colour, so I quite liked these outfits and how they were coordinated.  It wasn't feature din the music video, but decided to mention it, as they wore it at the Super KPOP Concert.

Seohyun was wearing a Rainbow Asymmetric Mini-Dress ($525):


ttsversace

Tiffany was wearing a  Kaleidoscopic Baroque Print Shirt ($420.38) paired with a 
Rainbow Print Pleated Skirt ($495):


ttsversace1

Taeyeon was wearing a combination of Rainbow Print Bomber Jacket ($950) and a pair of 
Rainbow Print Stretch Jeans ($425)

ttsversace2



Overall, I quite liked the concept and style of TaeTiSeo in their Holler era, I feel as thoough some of the outfits were a bit of a hit and miss, but they were very fashionable nonetheless. I might do another post on their fashion outside of their performances. What do you think of this fashion and outfits? Which ones are your favourite? I think I liked some of the outfits from their Twinkle era a bit more, but this showed their maturity and age more which is nice.

Enjoy life!

Nina

0 comments: