Saturday 28 March 2015

Review: Tony Moly Black Sugar Face Mask/Scrub


Hello, peeps~


Recently, I have been very much into Korean and Japanese skincare and one of the products I saw used in Pony's Skincare and Make Up video was a sugar scrub to exfoliate! I got curious and did my research into reviews of the product and it was really positive, so I decided to try it out for myself! 


(not my picture)

Since I wasn't too experienced with scrubs, I didn't use it to it's full potential, where you scrub it into your skin and leave it for about ten or fifteen minutes. I just scrubbed and washed it off afterwards, which was a waste. I quickly learned from my mistake though.
After properly adding it into my routine, and I have to say, it made my nose feel much smoother and cleaner! The scrubs smells a little strange, but it's like the "you know it must be good for you if it smells strange" kind of strange~



I use it about once a week on Thursday which is my skin pampering night, since exfoliating is something that needs to be done, but not overdone! I get small portion on my finger, and, rub it into my nose first (since that's a major problem area of mine), and then spread it around my T zone. I have combination skin so using a scrub is too harsh for the rest of my face, I just clean the rest of my face and use a clay mask.

After about 10 or 15 minutes, I wash it off and continue with the rest of my routine.



My skin has smoothed out since I started exfoliation a few times a week and it helped clear up my break outs. It's important to exfoliate occasionally otherwise your skin will not absorb the products since dead skin builds up.

Finishing it off with a mask or some kind of moisturizer really helped my skin feel good afterwards!

Overall, I am quite happy with this product! It's benefited my oily skin and I haven't seen any negative effects so far!

Have any of you tried a product like this? How did it go for you? Do you have any other recommendations?
Enjoy life!
Nina

2 comments:

  1. It seems that they discontinued this black sugar scrub in Korea and then replaced it with a few other versions such as the coffee cream in cappuccino scrub and cacao scrub, as I did not notice this product in the Tony Moly stores around in Seoul when I used to live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? o.o I always see it popping up! I have seen a lot about coffee scrubs though, it has some great benefits it seems! I'll have to try it sometime since if it replaced the black sugar one, it might be better :)

      Delete