Tuesday 11 November 2014

Worry-less Wednesday: Easy Ways to be more Active!


Hello, friends!

Continuing on from my last post I want to share some easy ways I have started to exercise.

Now, I don't really like to exercise since as a high school student I am on my feet with a heavy bag most of the day. But I somehow decided I will start being more active and stretching a lot more since I really want to increase my flexibility. I also prefer to exercise in the comfort of my own home, so the exercise I choose to do is quite simple and doesn't require a gym.

1. Stretching

Stretching will increase flexibility and improves the motion of your joints, making you more balanced, which I know I need. It also reduces stress, increases circulation and improve your athletic performance. 



2. Basic Workouts


I like to do a few basic workouts at home to compliment my healthy diet and get my heart pumping.

I start with a warm up video by blogilates who does really good home workout videos that range from low intensity to high. This warm up is great and she has also done a more recent one I like to sometimes which is a little more intense.





I really like to do these videos since right now I want to work a lot on my legs and overall cardio:



I found this exercise a while ago when Girls' Generation member went on a show called Star King to show her leg workout but now KStyleTV did a whole video on this workout with her trainer (since the Star King clip video on YouTube was low quality as it was years ago), I was really happy to find this!)



This was originally on blogilates' channel but it's not available anymore, if it does again, please support as it's a great video for legs! It's hard at first but squats are very beneficial :)


3. Walk more and make more choices in your daily schedule to increase fitness

Go for a 30 minute walk, take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further from school or work and walk (or walk there from home if you can), anything at all! Every counts, on the days where I don't want to do intense workouts, a walk a long the beach is really relaxing!

As long as you make better habits and find a balance, it will definitely pay off into the future!

Of course, I am no expert, I just wanted to share a few ideas and some new things to consider!

Remember, enjoy life!

Nina





0 comments: