Sunday 22 March 2015

Things I Would Tell My High-School Self


Hello, friends!

Wow, so the girl, meaning me, went from literally having no life to having so much on her mind. I began university and my Japanese class is so hardcore! I need to do so much extra study to catch up to everyone (which I am procrastinating from, I hate myself sometimes)

I also spend a while trying to find work and it made me realize how hard it is to find work, I found some recently (finally), which got me thinking of everything I could have done before to help my current situation. Those thoughts inspired this little blog post!


1. Be More Confident and Choose Friends Well

I entered high school with the confidence of nothing, and I think once I found the right people to surround myself with it quickly grew. After graduation, you realize who your friends really are since a lot of mine just disappeared or gave up contact over such little things. High school forces you to see a number of people everyday for five days a week, so it's really the best time to be social and grow as a person socially. I was shy from the very start and it was only in the last two years I started to open up and speak out more, which meant I had lost a lot of time to meet and make friends. And when you are thrown into the real world, you need as much support as you can get.

2. Find Work

Following from No.1, I was always thinking that I was in no position to work, I was scared of disappointing people or making a mistake and not good at dealing with strangers. I think if I properly focused on getting myself in check and found some work or experience, I would have made life so much easier for myself. I guess I couldn't help it at the time, but it's just... why did I do that to myself.


Let's be serious, while you are in school where everything is structured and planned out, it's easier for yourself if you find work and build your skills before moving out into the real world against hundreds of other applicants. That's what I would tell my younger self, very, very strongly.

3. Take Study Seriously

I wasn't too lazy when it came to schoolwork and studied well, I just didn't push my limits and tried to build good study habits and skills. After graduation, I didn't do very much over the holidays and didn't maintain what knowledge I had, so when I entered my Japanese class in university, I had to quickly resurrect all I learnt from last year. Comparing the study I have now to what I did last year, high school is so much easier and I had no reason to complaining about the workload last year :')

4. Make the Most of Each Day

Sitting around and being a potato probably is not the best way to spend my youth, it would have been nice, if I was not working or studying, that I would have gone out and did some kind of activity, whether it's volunteering or taking some extra study. Just to be more productive, you know? 

5. Be Healthier and More Active

This probably sounds a little dumb to suggest I wish I was more healthier and active in high school, but if I was, I would have felt better on the inside and maybe the outside. If I learnt more about health and how to take care of myself, I would have had the positive results for a few years now and made more progress now. The earlier you start, the better of course.



These is a little reflection of mine, is there anything you wish you did when you were in school or any part of your life, previously? Of course, don't have too many regrets! Everything you have done before has helped bring you to where you are now :)


Enjoy life!

Nina

0 comments: