Wednesday 18 March 2015

Worry-less Wednesday: Why Having Standards is Important



Hello, lovelies~

The other day I was watching a few videos and the celebrities were asked about their ideal type, which got me thinking, why is this question so often asked? Do people really have a clear understanding of what they would like in a partner?

Of course, when I think about these things, I think long and hard. I see everywhere how guys and girls alike hate the idea of someone having standards, since things like friend-zoning and all that is created. But, if you are looking for a partner long term, isn't having some preference important?

I'd imagine a lot of people don't consider marriage and kids straight off the bat in a relationship, but if it's something that will be considered, it's more than likely a lifetime commitment. With a commitment like that, you'd want it to be with someone you are compatible with, or who you can work with well, right?

I remember someone saying, or I read it somewhere, that the purpose of our existence is basically to reproduce. That's a bit harsh, haha. I was also thinking about how scarily similar I am to my dad, and how scarily similar my brother is to my mum. It's not always the case the children take after the parents, but it's pretty common that they pick up some things up from the parents. That needs to be considered too, since you'd want the best for children and want them to be the best people, so you'd your partner to have the traits you'd want your children to have. They need to be the best that they can be in this harsh world, after all.


I think standards has gotten such a bad reputation in the recent years that people forget why they exist in the first place, we can't really function in society without a few rules or guidelines. Obviously, it's not good to be unreasonable with what you would like to expect from another person, but if it's meant to be, it'll work out, right?



These are just a few of my thoughts, what are yours? What is your experiences when it comes to standards and their impact?


Enjoy life!

Nina

0 comments: