Wednesday 2 September 2015

Worry-less Wednesday: University & Studying Something You Don't Like


Hello, everyone! ♥ How are you?


I'm asking that, because I should really ask myself that more often. 


I'm writing this since one of the biggest parts of my life right now is study, or university. I remember how excited I was and I had imagined how perfect it was going to be and how my life will fall into place. That kind of dramatically changed recently, haha.

You see, sometimes, or well most of the time, it's just not that simple. I look at those people who have achieved success and am envious since they are sure of what they want and how to get it if they haven't gotten it already. I was also jealous of my high school classmates who had their career and schooling sorted and planned, knowing exactly what they wanted to do in the future. Meanwhile, most of the time I felt like:


That's why when I chose my course, without even seriously thinking about it, I had fabricated this illusion of me being on the right track and me being happy, that even if I was second guessing myself, I ignored that feeling and forced myself to stick with it, because it felt like I was doing what everyone wanted me to be doing.

I look at myself last year, and I remember I was so positive and full of energy, and giving that energy to others. But now, the energy and life has been sucked out and it's gotten worse and worse, and I let it until my mum saw how much I changed and asked, is this really what you want to do? During the last holiday break, I actually had an epiphany about what career I wanted to pursue, a year late, I know, haha. That realization kind of fueled me to become more and more upset though, barbecue I felt like I was trapped in this course and I was being useless.

This is kind of depressing to talk about, so let's move on, but I wanted to say that and explain my feelings so that I can justify me telling you this : If you're unhappy with what you're doing, and it's seriously affecting you and changing your outlook on things, then leaving it is much better than staying. It's kind of the same as how people give advice on how it's better to leave a toxic person'/relationship than to stay.

There is always a way out - another path you can take, new steps you can take to achieve what you want. Most of all, there is always people to support you, support your happiness. I didn't tell anyone my feelings, but when my mum noticed, and was the only one to notice, she really helped me to take action and remind me that it's okay if I wanted to leave or change courses, and she is the type of mother who wants their child to go to university and stud, so by her saying that the only thing a parent really wants for their child is happiness, it really helped me, which I'll talk about in another post. 

So, whether it's your mum, dad, sibling, other family members or close friends, talk to someone about your options always when you are having second choices, make a plan, find alternatives. You can do this!





Enjoy life!
Nina




0 comments: