Tuesday 1 September 2015

Top Summer Girl Group (and Boy Group) KPOP Comebacks so far!


Hello, lovelies!

Oh my gosh, long time no see everyone. I'm sorry for being away for so long. I had a one-fifth life crisis that needed sorting out, haha. To show I'm still alive, I wanted to quickly post this and hopefully begin to post my reviews in the next couple of weeks, asap! 

This post I am writing, I'm writing just because there have been so many good song releases in the KPOP world that I had to share! Let's go~



Nine Muses "Hurt Locker"



Nine Muses are so underrated, and although they have lost and gained members over the year, this comeback really showcased what they're about. This was the first song that I immediately thought that it screamed summer. They all look so great and healthy, and seriously, the whole group is body goals.

I wished that they had been a bit more creative with the stages though - the outfits were quite similar for a while. But, I was really hoping they would grab a few wins with this song and push them closer to the top.


Girls Day "Ring My Bell"



Firstly, I'm still unsure what the teaser pictures had to do with the song, concept, or the music video overall. 

Secondly, a lot of people seemed to have reacted negatively to the song, and Sojin's blonde hair, haha, so I feel like the only one who loved both. In most performances, the hair didn't really suit the outfits, but if you watch them in Weekly Idol, Sojin really stood out to me.



And I found the song reaaally catchy. I caught myself singing the intro and chorus a lot. So, I'm not really sure why people hated it. 


SNSD's "Party", "Lion Heart" & "You Think"



When I first heard the teaser for Party, I was like cuuuuute.Then when it came out, I was like simple, but "CUUUTE. Is that, it?" My initial reaction was that it was a really simple, cute summer song. A lot of people said it's not really age appropriate since it was so cutesy, but they're in bikinis and singing about alcohol, so...

And then I was singing it all around my workplace, so no, it's not a simple summer song, but a catchy one. But, with Jessica's departure I was expecting something with a lot more power. But, I still love love the video and the visuals and teasers and everything.

I mean, look at how amazing Tiffany looks.



AND THEN, Lion Heart and You Think came out and I was screaming YESSSS.


 

I was not expecting for me to get so obsessed with Lion Heart after I saw the teaser, since You Think was hyped up to the maximum. But honestly, it's what I needed. They all look amazing, the costumes, the hair and the set, all amazing. But most importantly, is that each member gets a chance to shine equally. Everyone has improved so much.


I love You Think, I think a lot of people have mixed feelings. Again, they all look amazing and the choreography is quite fierce. I think I died a little when Seohyun did that split. Speaking of her, I can't believe how much of a strong vocal she is, and Sunny as well. A lot of people are arguing that it's basically TTS and a bit of Seohyun. I kind of agree, and don't agree, it's a powerful song it needs strong vocals and that's why they're leading most of the song, so I understand, but Yoona barely got any screentime. 

STELLAR's "Vibrato"



I don't really follow Stellar since I'm not a huge fan yet, but the songs I have are there most controversial ones, haha. But, it's only the concept that is controversial, the song is really good. It's not really summery, but it came out in summer, so, I'm mentioning it. I can't really watch some of the earlier songs of Stellar because it seems a little cringe-worthy, but this song show how talented and strong they are as a group, who know their limits and strengths.

APink's "Remember"



APink are really growing as a group, and I like how they've found their concept as a group and have stuck with it, but at the same time show different things. I really like this song - I'm not sure how often I've heard this kind of song, actually. It starts off very ballad-like and reminiscent and then turns into something you can dance to, especially with that choreography. I want to jump around when I listen to it, and that's something I really thinl is all about summer - having fun and enjoying yourself. GFriend's "Me Gustus To"



To be honest, I'm not a fan of GFriend since I don't really follow their activities, but I have to admit they caught my attention with their choreography and the visual of the group - they look really different from what you normally see. It's hard to explain, haha. 

But honestly, their choreography for a rookie group is really something else. I don't see someone do a split that quick and then jump up, everything is so precise. Normally I think, girl groups debut with a simple cute track, but their songs are simple and fresh, but at the same time, really attention grabbing.

SISTAR's "Shake It"



It actually took a while for me to finally get the song on my phone, but this song is again, really catchy. SISTAR seem to have found a particular concept and have stuck with it these past couple of comebacks. I really liked "I Swear", but not so much for "Touch My Body", but despite the obvious sexy concept to the video, it's bright and colourful, and makes you want to get up and dance. No doubt, SISTAR are a powerful group vocally, I'm so glad they're getting the attention for that.

SHINee's "Married To The Music"



SHINee have always been in my top two groups along with VIXX, they have their unique colour and style, and how is possible that they pull off no matter what SM throws at them? They get some pretty out-there clothing choices but still look good, haha. And, right now they're my lifeline when it comes to SM's groups, since they're the only ones with all the members from debut. 

Pretty much for most of these songs that I've mentioned, I basically said it's catchy and makes you feel like it's summer. How original of me, haha. Well, this comeback takes a different approach to summer, which is why I love SHINee. Haunted houses, Halloween and things like that, you can associate that with summer as well, right? Thank you for opening my eyes to other things that have to do with summer. And a Rocky Horror Picture Show-esque theme? Thank you for saving KPOP.


 INFINITE's "Bad"



INFINITE always creep up my favourite male groups because they too, have their own style and bond that I enjoy and am envious of. Ever since I head The Chaser, I was like "Yes, this is what this music industry is about. Finding where you fit in and showcasing it."


I'm not too sure if they've had a concept like this before, but it's the song that had the impact on me, not really the video. Every member shined in a different conept, showed how much they improved, and grown. What more could I ask for~


VIXX LR's "Beautiful Liar"



Saving the best till last, of course, I had to talk about this. When I first heard about this subunit, I literally thought it was genius. Both LEO and Ravi have been working a lot with composing and writing lyrics, and so many companies don't let their groups show that (*cough* SM and Girls Generation), so the fact that they made a debut from being the main vocal and rapper of VIXX to sub-unit, made me so happy.

The thing is, I was sick in my bed from a severe case of tonsillitis and I was in such a bad state physically, emotionally and mentally (the state that threw me off blogging) that I didn't want to do anything, but I remember I got the notification that they released their video and I straight away watched it, and quite literally I felt revived. Is that silly that a group can have that kind of impact on a person? Everyone has someone or something that makes them happy and gives them energy, I suppose.

But anyway, when it comes to most albums that groups release, there are always songs that I don't get because I find them a bit 'eh', or I play them a few times and then skip over them in the future.  But I can say for sure, that every song on this album I find really good and can listen to over and over - and I'm not just being biased, since I love SNSD to death and I have to admit their past comeback was a little lacking.

Another thing - is the song "My Light" that LEO composed for VIXX's fans, Starlight - which all the VIXX members sung, really makes me happy. I can't think of another sub-units or solos, off the top of my head, that included the whole group in their album, which is probably why it's my favourite for a number of reasons.




I primarily want to blog about beauty, fashion and things like that because it'll be more helpful to readers. But, this particular music industry really is something I love, so I can't help but release a few posts about KPOP. It has inspired me to eat healthily, work out more and most of all, take care of my skin. So, if you follow KPOP at all, what groups or song shave been your favourite?

I will hopefully be more active this month since the hardest weeks are over for me. Remember to always take care of yourselves.

Enjoy life!
Nina

0 comments: