Thursday 1 October 2015

Innisfree and TonyMoly Review: Pore Set and Pore Sheet Mask

Hello, lovelies! 


Today I will be doing a crazy set of reviews in this post since I recently went on a spending spree with skincare, again. I recently saw the Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask popping up in a lot of recommended reviews and Youtuber's favourites, so I thought, sounds good, I want to give it a go! Especially, since my clay mask came from ALDI, haha, so I doubt the ingredients are doing much for my face.

I went to the shop after my university class and they were out of the small clay mask and only had the big tub. The girl helping me suggested the whole set (the set had more value in it). At first, I was really hesitant to spend so much money in the one go since I had an eyeliner to pay for as well, but after a series of "Ummms, maybes, and I don't know.." I agreed it had more value and just went "Sure, I'll take it!" At least I can see if I like all three products.



It also inspired me to go crazy and really treat my pores to some rejuvenation by using the whole set and follow it with one of my TonyMoly pore sheet masks, and see what the result is. That would be an interesting thing to see and review, right? Let's go! 




Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask Special Set




What is Jeju Volcanic scoria? Jeju volcanic scoria was created by the lava that was hardened  when there was a volcanic eruption in Jeju Island. It is a rare pure ingredient with the capacity to absorb sebum and impurities.




Benefits/Description (as written on back of box):

The Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask 'Pore Care' set that captures sebum and tightens pores.
[ Tightens pores + Removes sebum + Exfoliates dead skin cells + Offers deep cleansing + Enhances skin tone + Provides cooling effects]


[Usage order]:
Jeju volcanic pore cleansing foam (daily) ➝  Super volcanic pore clay mask (per 1~2 times a week) Jeju volcanic pore toner (daily)




First, I cleansed my face with The Face Shop's Rice Water Cleansing Oil, then I used TonyMoly's Black Sugar Face Scrub to exfoliate my T Zone. I also used a steam towel to hopefully open up my pores a bit. I really went hardcore to try and deep cleanse my pores tonight, haha~

Then, I cleansed using the cleansing foam for about a minute and rinsed it off with clean, cool water. My face did feel smoother after I cleansed with this cleanser, which I don't think I've ever felt after washing my face before.
I then started to spread the clay mask over my face. I would recommend using a spatula or a spoon as I found digging into the small bottle is not really comfortable or hygienic. Only a small amount is needed since it is really thick. I ended up taking a little more than I needed.



Then I looked this strange for about 15 minutes and I washed it off with cool water. I then applied the toner after I dabbed my face dry. The toner bottle is interesting, it seemed to be designed in a way to prevent leaks, it only distributes the toner when you press onto the top, which is really handy.
My face did seem brighter and cleaner. While my clay mask was drying, it felt a little weird in some areas of my skin, it felt like I literally felt something evaporating from my skin or pop. It's hard to explain.

Overall, I think I will see the results from these products more so over time, but after one try, my face does feel clean and brighter. It smelt pleasant, but not so fragrant or harsh so it didn't irritate my skin at all, I'm so relieved! Especially, after I went crazy with this deep cleansing.


TonyMoly I'm Real Red Wine Mask Sheet (Pore Care)



Benefits/Description (as written on back of packet):
Red wine mask tightens uneven skin texture and enlarged pores.

(As written on the internet):
 Easy-to-use red wine mask tightens pores to create a smoother and more refined skin texture. Skin becomes more delicate and translucent. Subtle fragrance and thicker cotton mask make for a luxurious experience. Ideals for all skin types.



Firstly, when I opened the mask and began to apply it to my face, I noticed it smelt HEAVENLY. I literally thought it would smell like wine, but it didn't. It was really sweet and pleasant. The mask was similar to the Aloe Vera one I tried, in terms of the mask material and texture, it seemed to be a little less runny, unless it seemed that way because I was being extra careful in taking it out of the packet.



The next morning is normally when I judge the results since my skin would have absorbed and healed overnight. My skin felt quite smooth and evened out just like the mask pack had predicted, and I was happy about this especially since normally my nose goes back to it's uneven texture the next morning.

This was what my skin was like after I applied makeup since for me, that's when I see how well my skin has improved since there was no visible caking of the make up and my face texture was smooth and brighter. I think after I use these products over time, I might see more visible results. I will update if that is the case!


I think if you are after some products to deep cleanse your face and treat your pores, this is worth trying! Especially since it's gentle, the product won't run out too quickly and it's low on fragrance!


Have you tried any of these products? If you know anything that has transformed or helped your pores, please let me know in the comments. My nose is still a problem area!



Enjoy life!

Nina

0 comments: