Saturday 28 June 2014

Worry-less Wednesday: It's Okay to Be Single.

So, I wrote saying about how much I like to help and give advice and such and then I rant about my feelings which weren't too happy, so! I thought I'd start off with my posts properly with just reminding all those single pringles out there, that it's okay!

Why? Well, I'm in my last year of high school and I have seen so many people struggle with relationships and crushes and let it get to them when they're only starting their life. I can't remember all of the advice I've given in the past about this and most of the time, they still don't listen to me.

I have never been in a relationship so most of the time I feel as though my advice and my words of wisdom don't really have that much power because of that. But, despite feeling like I am the only one so positive about their relationship status in high school I want to put time and effort into making others feeling good and then maybe one day, someone will do the same for me. I don't want to sound fake, I'm being serious.

One things that has become almost a stereotype I think you can call it, is 'friend zoning' and how 'nice guys/girls finish last'. We live in a world shared by billions of other people and one thing we need more of us nice people - I personally don't think they'll stay alone for long. We see examples everyday of how people fight all odds to be together or how people of all shapes, sizes and backgrounds fall in love. How could it not be possible for you or your friend and family members? 

I think it was last year I was in a group conversation with a few of my friends and a few guys friends. One of my guy friends was talking of his struggle with the girl he liked and how he was a nice guy who always came last, beer getting the girl. He was saying there was no
hope for him, that he is always alone and no one would ever like him. 

I said to him that there is so much more to life than relationships especially since we're all still high school and we have our lives ahead of us and its filled with opportunities and he is bound to find someone to share that with. I also said that while he is chasing girls that don't return his feelings leading him to feel this way, he could be missing out and out there there might be someone who is already thinks he's worth everything to them without even realizing it.

Because, my best friend who read everything had a crush on him at the time and he didn't even know.
My point is, while you might think you are alone, you are never alone you just don't realize it. Out there is someone who will love you for everything you are!  

You might have had several relationships and be thinking, you don't understand guy/girls. Well, the thing is how can you understand guys or girls when none of us are the same? It just means that someone out there is right for you. Even if a relationship fails, it just means you are one step closer to finding the one right for you. 

And for those who have never been in a relationship like me or haven't been in one for a while, it can be pretty hard. I'm the girl that people come to for relationship advice despite my lack of experience. I help people feel happy and that can help, sometimes people ask me for help but then leave me when I need them. But, unfortunately that is reality. There are so many people out there though, don't let it get to you!

I found a song called 'Darling of All Hearts' by Sunny Hill. They're a Korean girl group but reading the lyrics, it is literally my life story (there are captions) :




They talk about how people only come to them when they're suffering and then they go and it's a bit lonely, but still having fun with friends and realizing that being single isn't all that bad can bring you happiness~

But, think of it as a positive and keep pushing forward! I think that because of this, when I find the right guy, I will have no negative history to hold me back and I'll be able to give the relationship all I've got! 

Until then, enjoy the little things. Enjoy the friendship you share with people, enjoy spending time with family as they will accept you no matter what, enjoy eating and tasting new things, enjoy learning and nurturing your mind, enjoy a good book and escape into a new world, enjoy the outside world, challenge yourself and enjoy life! xoxo
Nina

0 comments: