Saturday 24 January 2015

How my interest in Japanese and Korean Culture helped me ( ´∀`)☆


Growing up in Australia, I was exposed to many different cultures and backgrounds, since Australia is a very multicultural country.


I'm half Russian, half Australian and for a large part of my life, I was listening to different music from all around the world because of my parents interest in it. At some point, I noticed how different this was to a lot of my classmates since they predominantly listen to American music. 

After I was introduced to the Internet, I could learn more about music and develop my own taste. For quite some time I was trying to adapt to everyone else's music taste and try to match that but I realized that was pointless and decided to do otherwise. 

Halfway through high school I got an interest in anime/manga, which grew to me loving Japanese fashion and culture. Then, my love for the Korean culture began randomly.

I remember watching Michelle Phan's tutorial for 'How to look like a KPOP Star' and heard Girl's Generation's The Boys for the first time. It sparked my interest and I downloaded it.

I'm not too sure what happened after that, but my love for KPOP grew a lot in the past year as well as for their culture, fashion and shows. The politeness, how well and simply they look after their appearance and catchy fun music is something that really suits me about Korea.

________________ ♥ ________________

Since it matched my personality, it kind of helped me to grow as a person in a way. I don't know really. All of my interests And experiences have helped me grow as a person but since I spend a lot of time listening to music and wearing clothes, it's taught me and inspired me a lot.

1. To look after my body and health

I went to Japan last year and it was incredible how young and fit everyone was o,o I saw a mother pushing a stroller and she looked like a supermodel. 

My family is quite healthy, we don't eat fast food or smoke and all that. (Of course, it's anyone's decision and I'm not saying that what I do or think is the only right thing or opinion).

It's no joke how well KPOP/JPOP singers look.  The diets of people in Asia are quite healthy to begin with and they're quite active. Of course, it's not healthy to aspire to look or act like someone else and to drastically change your diet. But, I still was inspired to do my best to improve myself, my lifestyle and work hard as well. I don't want to use the excuse that "I'm skinny therefore I can eat whatever I want" anymore. I want to do little things to make myself feel good on the outside and inside.


2. Working harder in school and appreciating little things

At first when I saw these idols, I thought that their life must be ideal because of their popularity and beauty. But, I soon realized that they give up a lot in return. They can't go out in public, or go to school as much, or sleep and eat well sometimes. Now, I appreciate all those things and realize how I shouldn't take school or things like sleep for granted anymore because I am living a normal life.

I can sleep in, I can study new things, I can go outside freely and safely, I can live a normal life. That's why, I wanted to start to get up earlier and make the most of out of each day.


3. How I dress

Fashion is interesting as it is so easy to express yourself through fashion. Harajuku in Japan really fascinate me as there were SO many different styles there and everyone was accepted. The elegant, reserved fashion style of most Koreans and Japanese is something that I really enjoy. It suits my personality and taste and it felt so nice to find a style I feel so comfortable in!




How has your hobby or interests influenced you? Do you see yourself having the same interests in the future?

Enjoy life!

Nina

0 comments: