Monday 26 January 2015

Review: Oolong Tea and Weight Loss


Hello, my lovelies! 

So, for a while now, I have been trying to find a store that sells Oolong or Wu Long tea, and had no luck until I just went to a health store and found a pack in there. It was cheaper than buying online but I hope it'll have the same benefits listed here on Jing Tea. On there the tea is specifically a diet tea, while in the health store or on the package it didn't say much about using it for dieting.

The reason I wanted to try it? Well, I heard and read about it a few times on the internet and it seems to have wonderful slimming and detoxing benefits, as described on the website:

"Wu-Long Tea is an incredibly flavourful tea from the stems of 
the tea plants among the mineral rich mountains of Wu Yi in 
China. So it is also called Wu Yi Tea.
As seen in Oprah's magazine 'O', and other fine publications, 
Wu-Long tea is a powerful natural slimming solution available 
to the public today. It's unique combination of ingredients 
working synergistically for efficient weight reduction.
Experts agree regular consumption of Wu-Long tea may help 
contribute to a healthy body figure maintenance; Oprah Winfrey 
and Rachael Ray enjoy 3 times a day or more. This Chinese 
secret has been traditionally used for centuries as a way to 
skyrocket energy and combat obesity, but now this secret has 
been unearthed and brought to you. If you are finally ready to
start losing weight safely, healthily and effortlessly, then 
Wu-Long tea might be the answer to your prayers."


Sounds good to me. I drink a lot of green tea already, so why not?

Oolong Tea Benefits
  • Weight Management: 
"The polyphenol compound found in oolong tea is very effective in controlling the metabolism of fat in the body. It activates certain enzymes, thereby enhancing the functions of fat cells in the body." - Organic Facts

  • Removes harmful Free Radicals from the body
"The polyphenolic compound in oolong tea is also responsible for the removal of free radicals in our body, because it functions as an antioxidant and stimulates the behavior of other free radical compounds in the body. Therefore, consuming daily doses of oolong tea can help people from the potential harm that these free-moving cells often pose to the human body, including cancer, atherosclerosis, stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, neurodegeneration, and diabetes." - Organic Facts

It also:
  • Controls Diabetes
  • Contains anti-cancer properties
  • Manages stress
  • Increases mental performance and health
  • Encourages healthy bones
All tea has some sort of benefit to drinking it, which is why I swapped drinking soft drink and most juices with tea/water. 



My Experience


I started drinking one bag a day on the 28th of December.  The box I bought had 25 tea bags so, I drank one cup a day. I also put the bag that I used to brew my cup of tea in another cup with more water just in case I could get more out of it, haha.

The tea was a bit bitter, it reminded me of when I just started drinking green tea and it was something completely new that the taste was something I had to get used to. I'm not sure if it's because of the brand or whatnot, since when my green tea was hard to endure, I realise dafter some time that it was because the brand was a little cheap, haha.

I got used to it pretty quickly and drank a cup every morning and ate healthily (except a few days where I was with friends =.=) I tried to be active but didn't exercise well, which I regret.

The result was, over the 20 or something days of drinking the tea, I only lost a little less than a kilogram. I was a little disappointed the results weren't more obvious but it might be from me not drinking the tea often enough or from not exercising. 

In the future, I would like to try drinking more than one cup a day and being more active, or try the specific diet tea in the website I mentioned earlier to see if there is a difference. Right now, I think I would have had the same experience still drinking green tea.

It also maybe have been because I've reached the point in my healthier lifestyle where weight loss is really slow unless I exercise more. It may have been more effective when I first started dieting.



Has anyone else tried Oolong Tea or some other detox drink for weight loss? What was your experience?


Enjoy life!


Nina

0 comments: