Tuesday 14 April 2015

Gaijin Gyaru: Clothes Are Not in Your Size?


Hello, everyone~

I'm adding another post to my series! This one will give a few ideas as to what to when you find some Asian clothes are too small or the wrong size for you. I don't know about you, but I always have trouble finding gyaru clothing that is long enough to wear.

I am in every mindset to just go to Japan just to personally buy the clothing myself and know for sure it's my size, but that's not that easy. I hope to find a reliable store that will sell gyaru clothing suitable for a girl of over 170cm in height!

Until then, we have to manage with what we have, right?




Wear several layers!

I found that for some short dresses or skirts, it can still work if you slip on a skirt underneath. By having one of two skirts/shorts of a neutral tone- like white, grey or black (but with most clothing, you might need a pink or white one) it might make it easier to quickly add an extra layer underneath your clothing.
You could even put some leggings, shorts or bloomers underneath as well.


Dress too short? Wear it as a top!


Gaijin Gyaru Problems #12 - “You’re tall enough to make any ‘dress’ a top.”

Yup, pretty much. Some of taller girls don't have much that we can do about gyaru clothing being too short for our frames - but we can still use it, yes! 

Almost like wearing layers, you can use the dress as a cute top instead and wear it over a skirt or jeans!

Sew on another layer/alter the length

Now for this, I am hopeless at trying to alter the length of my clothing, I'm pretty sure I would make it worse. But if you can, or know some who can, why not alter the length of your clothing through sewing? If not, then maybe a professional can do it, but that would come with a cost,




What is your experience with buying clothes online? What do you do if it's not your size? Do you know any stores that sell Asian clothing that is a good fit for western girls? Let me know!


Enjoy life!
Nina

0 comments: