Saturday 25 April 2015

The Butterfly Child


Hello, everyone!

So, the other day I watched a video in the middle of my university library. I saw a few things on my news feed about a boy, and I didn't understand what it was about since the article titles were quite vague and not touching on the issue properly. But, then when I saw a proper post about this boy, Jonathan Pitre, I watched it, and I am glad I did!



I was so shocked to hear such a condition like Epidermolysis Bullosa existed! He is so brave to be fighting this everyday and how he spoke sounded so wise and gentle. 

It also really helped me to think - I mean, just that very morning I got up at 4am and looked in the mirror and thought, "wow my skin is blotchy and bloated" - and this poor boy is going through this everyday, how can I possible complain?

It's small things like these that have a huge impact! I just wanted to share that since it gives perspective to a lot of things :)






Enjoy life!
Nina

0 comments: