Wednesday 4 February 2015

Worry-less Wednesday: Role Models and Who To Look Up To




Hello, lovelies! ❤ 

Now, am I the only one who looks back on how ridiculously fast technology has developed over a decade? I remember flip phones being the thing to have. But, with all this rise in technology, the media's influence has grown much larger. With this in mind, we see so many different people grace magazine covers of TV screens who have a huge influence in people's live, positively or negatively.

For so long, I looked up and tried to be someone I am not because I would follow what I saw projected by the media. I have gone through so many phases and hobbies that who I looked up to would change over time. Now, I realize I need to look at things differently~ 

In my opinion, I think we need to find the people who are closest to ourselves so that we don't set expectations for ourselves that are unrealistic, or, whose personal qualities are something to admire. Then, it'll be more encouraging to be a better person, right?



My parents will always be my biggest role models. But, in terms of celebrities, for example, I would consider Girls' Generation's Tiffany or Seohyun people I would look up to. Tiffany has a bright, outgoing personality, a bit like me, and she is also really hardworking and positive, which is something I admire. Seohyun is the youngest in the group but probably one of the most mature, she is always trying to learn and improve herself, which I hope to do too! (sorry I always mention them~). They, and a lot of other people, helped me embrace my body type as well and to take care of it. 

I am no expert, of course, and I don't want to tell anyone who they should look up to. It just hurts to see so many people looking at someone else and feeling down because they want that person has, or wants to look like them. Embrace your body, your face, your personality and find the positives in it! We are all unique and different, and that's the best kind of beauty. But, sometimes, we need a little help from others in finding confidence! I hope that one day, I can become a good of a person that I am worthy of people looking up to me.

So, who do you look up to? And why? :)



Enjoy life!

Nina






0 comments: