Thursday 12 February 2015

Spreepicky Review: Chiffon Dress and Animal Print Sweater




Hello friends!

So I'm finally posting my Spreepicky review! FINALLY, after a like a year of receiving the items. This is my first review so sorry if the photos are not of amazing quality haha!

I ordered two items on the 12th of June, 2014:


J-Fashion Straps Fake 2 Pcs Chiffon Princess Dress SP130229 $56.99 (in a Size L)
J-fashion Velveteen Sweater - Cute Animals SP130110 $45.99
I don't think these items are available anymore, sorry! But I there are still many items similar to these in the store :)
Now firstly can I saw how ridiculously fast shipping this store has, usually when I would order things online it would take 20-30 days, but these items arrived within a week, on roughly the 19th of June, 2014.

It was all packaged nicely and came with a lovely handwritten note and a free necklace:














Sorry the lighting is a bit strange.

I finally own a dress (or any clothing) that is hime-gyaru style! I'm so happy! And this was just like a bonbon21 dress as well.

The quality is really good. But, I've put it on a few times and the buttons look as though they're going to break off, but the dress came with extra buttons just in case. It might just be because I was trying to find the easiest way to put it on, so it might be my fault.

As for the size, I did choose the largest size, thank god I did because it's still a bit short on me, in the photographs I am wearing a white skirt underneath which matches perfectly, so that's my suggestion for anyone who is 170cm or taller like I am. It's still wearable.

Overall: I am quite happy with this! The detailing and style of the dress matched the picture and the quality is super great! I will always have sizing issues in the future when I order these kind of things, so I wasn't too disappointed with it being a little short on me, I expected it in a way. But it fits perfect everywhere else!


I give it a rating of 4/5 due to the size and how easily the button was coming off, but this is due to my own measurements and it can't be helped.


(Sorry for the watermark on the gif, haha~)




I was so excited to get this sweater because the pattern on it was quite unique and very Harajuku! When it arrived, I noticed it was quite warm and the material was soft and smooth.



As soon as I touched this jumper, I fell in love with the feel of the material: it was soft, not itchy in any way and so comfy. The colour and design is so nice too, I have yet to see whether it fades through washes, but I'm confident it will.

Since it doesn't open or zip up, it might feel a little tight (as it's a free size), but on the flip side, it's very warm and it's a great length for taller girls.

Overall: I am very happy with this! It's a very unique jumper to wear out and since I get cold easily, this is great to quickly put on and go out and still stand out. I have been lacking hoodies and I'm happy to add this to my growing collection.


I give this a 5/5! Amazing item!



My experience with Spreepicky is a great one! I would very much like to add more from their wonderful selection of clothing to my wardrobe in the future (not sure how though since they changed the payment method recently). There is a great selection of clothing and the staff are lovely from what I see on all the social media as they're trying to cater to many different tastes. The shipping is no joke as well, very quick!



Enjoy life!

Nina

0 comments: